CAN Vacancy: Structures Estimator – Construction/Maintenance
Location: Northfleet, Kent DA11
Established in 1983, now employing over 150 staff and with a turnover in excess of £14m, CAN is a rope access contractor, delivering projects across the UK.
Using specialist access, CAN Structures provides innovative solutions to challenging and complex engineering projects at height, within all aspects of the construction and civil engineering markets. CAN is part of the RSK Group, which projects a turnover of £300m this year.
We are looking for an Estimator to join CAN, to be based at our office in Northfleet, Kent.
- Estimator / sales – tendering for new work concerned with construction and maintenance activities including steel erection, fabric structures, masonry repairs, painting and electrical installation.
- Working as part of a small team, from initial client enquiry through to contract award on a variety of structures, usually with high or difficult access constraints.
- Maximising sales/turnover whilst minimising company exposure to commercial risk.
- Full time (office based with site visits)
- Processing new enquiries / database management.
- Site visits for tender evaluation, calculating quantities from drawings, building up costs.
- Obtaining supplier / subcontractor quotations.
- Preparation of tender submissions including costs and programme, project values up to ~£1m.
- Client follow up.
Experience and skills required:
- At least 5 years’ estimating experience in the construction or rope access industry.
- Ideally education to degree level or equivalent in Construction Management, Engineering or Quantity Surveying.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Drive and enthusiasm to grow the business.
- Logical thinking and able to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication & organisation skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in excel / word processing skills.
- Driving licence.
Why CAN Structures?:
- Competitive salary.
- Leading specialist rope access contractor in the country.
- RSK is Investors in People accredited, encouraging the continued training of all our staff – full training will be provided in all job-specific fields.
- Continued company growth will result in further opportunities.
- Although we are a growing company, we pride ourselves on the ‘family-feel’ atmosphere.
- Varied and challenging projects.
- Life Assurance
- Pool car for site visits
Why Choose Us?
We live by our values, ensuring that we put safety first, invest in the wellbeing of our people and take pride in our work. We listen to our clients and offer expert and innovative solutions that give value for money. We act with integrity and foster collaboration in all our dealings.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. We are committed to staff development and career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking a long-term future with us.
Interested in applying for the position?
To apply please e-mail your CV together with a covering letter to: email@example.com
We look forward to speaking with you soon.