Senior Structures Estimator
Based: Chesterfield – Office based with regular travel across the UK to visit sites and establish client relationships.
Salary: Competitive Salary and benefits including Company Car, Pension, Life Assurance etc
CAN Structures LTD: Established in 1983, now employing over 200 staff and with a turnover in excess of £18m. Using specialist and rope access techniques, CAN provides innovative solutions to challenging engineering projects within all aspects of the construction and civil engineering markets across the UK. https://www.can.ltd.uk/
We have an opportunity available for a Senior Structures Estimator to join our Structures Team. This important role would ideally suit an experienced Estimator with a construction background and an understanding of IRATA Rope Access, difficult access or technically and logistically complex projects.
The Role: Reporting to the Business Development Director, the main purpose of the role is to price and win work and to build strong working relationships with clients. Suiting a candidate with experience in façade renovation and cladding systems requiring the use of MEWPS or cradle work.
Experience and skills required:
- Estimating/Pricing of façade renovations, cladding systems or similar.
- Understanding of IRATA (rope access) desired.
- Ability to use and manipulate complex excel spreadsheets.
- Degree educated preferable. Equivalent relevant construction qualifications also considered (HND, Btec etc).
- Business development – The ability to listen to clients and build strong working relationships. We’re looking for a people person.
- A background in construction with site skills preferable.
- Self-motivated with the drive to win work.
- Competitive salary.
- Leading specialist contractor in the country.
- CAN is part of the RSK Group, a rapidly expanding geo-environmental consultancy and contractor which projects a turnover of £500m this year.
- RSK is Investors in People accredited, encouraging the continued training of all our staff.
- Continued company growth will result in further opportunities.
- Although we are a growing company, we pride ourselves on the ‘family-feel’ atmosphere.
- Varied and challenging projects.
Why Choose Us?
We pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. We are committed to staff development and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking a long-term future with us.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.