CAN Vacancy: Sales Estimator
Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 OR Portishead, Bristol BS20
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Do you have Civils, Piling or Geotechnical Contracting Experience?
…You might be suitable for our role as Estimator for our civils and geotechnical engineering team.
Due to increased client demand we are looking for an Estimator to join CAN, to be based at either:
- Our head office on the northern edge of Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- or our office in Portishead, Bristol.
Training provided for all applicants, regardless of experience.
- Estimator / sales – tendering for new work concerned with geotechnical stabilisation of steep soil/rock slopes and retaining walls, involving drilling, anchoring, netting, sprayed concrete and soil nailing.
- Working as part of a small team, from initial client enquiry through to contract award on a variety of construction and maintenance schemes.
- Maximising sales/turnover whilst minimising company exposure to commercial risk.
- Full time (office based with site visits)
Your job will be to win us work, this will involve:
- Forging relationships with clients to help ensure we receive work enquiries.
- Working with our experienced team to devise innovative ways of safely delivering the work
- Pricing those enquiries as competitively as you can
- Preparing tender submissions and presenting to the potential client.
- Following up on your enquiries and converting them into work orders whenever you can.
Experience and skills we ask for:
- Civil/Geo or piling contracting experience.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication & organisation skills with attention to detail.
- Logical thinking and able to work to strict deadlines.
- Proficiency in excel / word processing skills.
- Driving licence
- Ability to influence and develop winning strategies for tenders.
- Previous experience of sale or business development with energy and drive to grow the business.
- Previous construction site experience outside of an Estimating role.
- Previous experience in the drilling or piling industry.
Why CAN Geotechnical?:
- Competitive salary.
- Life Assurance
- Pool car for site visits
- Leading specialist Geotechnical contractor in the country.
- Owned by RSK, a rapidly expanding geoenvironmental consultancy and contractor, which projects a turnover of £300m this year.
- CAN is Investors in People accredited, encouraging the continued training of all our staff – full training will be provided in all job-specific fields.
- Continued company growth will result in further opportunities.
- Although we are a growing company we pride ourselves on the ‘family-feel’ atmosphere.
- Varied and challenging projects.
Why Choose Us?
We pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. We are committed to staff development and career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking a long term future with us.
Interested in applying for the position?
To apply, please send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com
We look forward to speaking with you soon.