PLANT FITTER – for CAN, a specialist engineering contractor
Salary: Commensurate with experience
An excellent opportunity for a plant fitter in the civil engineering industry, with CAN – a growing, energetic and friendly company.
Established in 1983, now employing over 200 staff and with a turnover in excess of £18m, CAN is a specialist civil engineering contractor, delivering projects across the UK.
Using specialist and rope access techniques, CAN provides innovative solutions to challenging ground engineering projects within all aspects of the construction and civil engineering markets. This includes stabilisation of embankments, soil slopes & rock faces, construction of retaining walls and installation of rock anchors. https://www.can.ltd.uk/
We have opportunity available for a qualified Plant Fitter at our Chesterfield depot. Basic hours are 8:00am until 4:30pm Monday to Friday (40 hours a week). Reporting to the Plant Manager, the main purpose of the role is to service and repair a large selection of plant and equipment that is used within the drilling industry. This can include a large selection of drill rigs and excavators along with numerous other pieces of plant and machinery. The role will also include the need to attend CAN work sites to service and repair CAN plant.
If you have previous experience as a plant fitter, please read on:
- Service and repair CAN plant efficiently and to a company standards.
- Carry out all tasks in compliance with the company’s Environmental and Health and Safety Procedures
- Full time (warehouse based with site visits)
Experience and skills required:
- Proven qualifications and experience as a Plant Fitter.
- A valid driving licence.
- Able to work as part of a team and alone using their own initiative.
- Flexible, keen to embrace new training opportunities, which may on occasion require staying away
- Competitive salary.
- Leading specialist Geotechnical contractor in the country.
- CAN is part of the RSK Group, a rapidly expanding geoenvironmental consultancy and contractor which projects a turnover of £300m this year.
- CAN is Investors in People accredited, encouraging the continued training of all our staff – full training will be provided in all job-specific fields.
- Continued company growth will result in further opportunities.
- Although we are a growing company we pride ourselves on the ‘family-feel’ atmosphere.
- Varied and challenging projects.
- Life Assurance
Why Choose Us?
We pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. We are committed to staff development and career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking a long-term future with us.
To apply please send your CV together with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to speaking with you soon.