CAN Vacancy – Plant Fitter.
We have an opportunity available for a qualified Plant Fitter based at our Chesterfield depot (S41 9PZ). Basic hours are 8:00am until 4:30pm Monday to Friday (40 hours a week) reporting to the Plant Maintenance Manager. The main purpose of the role is to service and repair a large selection of plant and equipment that is used within the drilling industry. This includes a large selection of drill rigs and excavators along with numerous other pieces of plant and machinery. The role will also include the need to attend CAN work sites to service and repair CAN plant.
- Service and repair CAN Plant efficiently and to a company standards
- Carry out all tasks in compliance with the Company’s Environmental and Health and Safety Procedures
- Participate in research and development of new equipment
The successful candidate will be suitably qualified, and have experience of plant and equipment associated with the Company business.
Skills and Qualities:
- NVQ in plant maintenance and repair or similar preferred
- Suitable and sufficient experience may be accepted in lieu of formal qualifications
- Auto electrical/ hydraulic experience will be extremely beneficial
- Welding/ fabrication experience beneficial
- A valid driving licence is essential
- Able to work as part of a team and alone using their own initiative.
- Flexible, keen to embrace new training opportunities, which may on occasion require staying away
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent