HSQE Compliance Co-Ordinator – Ideal position for an experienced IRATA Level 3
(Health Safety Quality Environmental)
Based: site based- UK wide with occasional regional office working time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
CAN UK LTD: Established in 1983, now employing over 200 staff and with a turnover in excess of £18m. Using specialist and rope access techniques, CAN provides innovative solutions to challenging engineering projects within all aspects of the construction and civil engineering markets across the UK. https://www.can.ltd.uk/
Due to continued company growth and our commitment to the highest safety standards we have an opportunity available for a HSQE Compliance Co-Ordinator to join our Team. This important role would ideally suit an experienced IRATA Level 3, with a genuine interest in Health & Safety and who is looking to move off the ropes and onto the next chapter of their career.
Reporting to HS&E Manager, the main purpose of the role is to promote higher standards of working practises and a safer working environment. If you have a passion for Health & Safety, a wide range of experience in Rope Access and are looking to move off the ropes and into a new career, then this is the opportunity for you. Support and training will be provided where required.
- Auditing sites to ensure projects comply with current legislation (health and safety, environmental and quality).
- Provide specific advice and support in all technical matters related to rope access.
- Provide advice and support to Site Managers and feedback observations and suggestions to the site management teams and the relevant Project Manager.
- Drive positive changes on site across CAN Geotechnical, CAN Structures and CAN Renewables.
- Work to improve company-wide attitudes towards H&S, PPE usage, equipment usage and maintenance.
- Support the company HSE Manager and operational departments to ensure that actions from audits, inspections and investigations are tracked to closure.
- Promote Near Miss & Positive Intervention reporting.
- Be involved in technical development of equipment and techniques to meet and improve upon required standards.
Experience and skills required:
- IRATA Level 3 with at least 5 years’ experience working in a wide variety of sectors – Geotechnical, Structures, Wind Energy for example.
- NEBOSH HS Qualification – desirable.
- The ability to work well with people.
- Competitive salary.
- Leading specialist contractor in the country.
- CAN is part of the RSK Group, a rapidly expanding geo-environmental consultancy and contractor which projects a turnover of £300m this year.
- CAN is Investors in People accredited, encouraging the continued training of all our staff – full training will be provided in all job-specific fields.
- Continued company growth will result in further opportunities.
- Although we are a growing company, we pride ourselves on the ‘family-feel’ atmosphere.
- Varied and challenging projects.
- Life Assurance
Why Choose Us?
We pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. We are committed to staff development and career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking a long-term future with us.
To apply please send your CV together with covering letter to email@example.com We look forward to speaking with you soon.