HSQE Advisor – for CAN, a specialist engineering contractor
Based: site based- UK wide with occasional regional office working time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Established in 1983, now employing over 200 staff and with a turnover in excess of £18m, CAN is a specialist civil engineering contractor, delivering projects across the UK.
Using specialist and rope access techniques, CAN provides innovative solutions to challenging engineering projects within all aspects of the construction and civil engineering markets. https://www.can.ltd.uk/
We have opportunity available for a HSQE Advisor to join CAN to provide HSQE support to sites. Reporting to HS&E Manager, the main purpose of the role is to promote good working practises to ensure projects comply with current legislation (health and safety, environmental and quality).
- Provide advice and support to Site Managers and feedback observations and suggestions to the site management teams, and the relevant Project Manager;
- Drive positive changes on site across CAN Geotechnical, CAN Structures and CAN Renewables;
- Work to improve company-wide attitudes towards H&S, PPE usage, equipment usage and maintenance;
- Provide specific advice and support in all technical matters related to rope access arrangements;
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented; ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation;
- Support the company HSE Manager and operational departments to ensure that actions from audits, inspections and investigations are tracked to closure;
- Promote NMPI reporting;
- Involve in technical development of equipment and techniques to meet and improve upon required standards.
Experience and skills required:
- 5+ years working on ropes (IRATA Lvl 3 – preferred)
- HS Qualification – desirable.
- Experience of working in geotechnical and / or wind sector including offshore – desirable additional.
- Competitive salary.
- Leading specialist contractor in the country.
- CAN is part of the RSK Group, a rapidly expanding geo-environmental consultancy and contractor which projects a turnover of £300m this year.
- CAN is Investors in People accredited, encouraging the continued training of all our staff – full training will be provided in all job-specific fields.
- Continued company growth will result in further opportunities.
- Although we are a growing company, we pride ourselves on the ‘family-feel’ atmosphere.
- Varied and challenging projects.
- Life Assurance
Why Choose Us?
We pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. We are committed to staff development and career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking a long-term future with us.
To apply please send your CV together with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to speaking with you soon.