GEOTECHNICAL ESTIMATOR – Civil Engineering
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Established in 1983, now employing over 200 staff and with a turnover in excess of £18m, CAN is a specialist civil engineering contractor, delivering projects across the UK.
Using specialist access, CAN Geotechnical provides innovative solutions to challenging ground and engineering projects within all aspects of the construction and civil engineering markets. CAN is part of the RSK Group which projects a turnover of £300m this year.
Due to increased client demand we are looking for an Estimator to join CAN, to be based at either our head office on the northern edge of Chesterfield, Derbyshire or our office in Portishead, Bristol.
- Estimator / sales – tendering for new work concerned with geotechnical stabilisation of steep soil/rock slopes and retaining walls, involving drilling, anchoring, netting, sprayed concrete and soil nailing.
- Working as part of a small team, from initial client enquiry through to contract award on a variety of construction and maintenance schemes.
- Maximising sales/turnover whilst minimising company exposure to commercial risk.
- Full time (office based with site visits)
- Processing new enquiries / database management.
- Site visits for tender evaluation, calculating quantities from drawings, building up costs.
- Obtaining supplier / subcontractor quotations.
- Preparation of tender submissions including costs and programme, project values up to ~£4m.
- Client follow up.
Experience and skills required:
- At least 3 years contracting experience within construction estimating.
- Ability to influence and develop winning strategies for tenders.
- Previous experience of sale or business development with energy and drive to grow the business.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Previous construction site experience outside of an Estimating role.
- Logical thinking and able to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication & organisation skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in excel / word processing skills.
- Driving licence.
- Previous experience in the drilling or piling industry is preferred.
Why CAN Geotechnical?:
- Competitive Salary.
- Leading specialist Geotechnical contractor in the country.
- Owned by RSK, a rapidly expanding geoenvironmental consultancy and contractor, which projects a turnover of £300m this year.
- CAN is Investors in People accredited, encouraging the continued training of all our staff – full training will be provided in all job-specific fields.
- Continued company growth will result in further opportunities.
- Although we are a growing company we pride ourselves on the ‘family-feel’ atmosphere.
- Varied and challenging projects.
- Life Assurance
- Pool car for site visits
Why Choose Us?
We pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. We are committed to staff development and career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking a long-term future with us.
To apply please send your CV together with covering letter to email@example.com
We look forward to speaking with you soon.