CAN Vacancy: Geotechnical Estimator – Civil Engineering
Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41
Established in 1983, now employing over 200 staff and with a turnover in excess of £18m, CAN is a specialist civil engineering contractor, delivering projects across the UK. CAN is part of the RSK Group, the fifth largest environmental consultancy in the UK generating £175m revenue.
Using specialist access, CAN Geotechnical provides solutions to challenging and complex ground engineering projects within all aspects of the construction and civil engineering markets.
Due to increased client demand we are looking for an Estimator to join CAN, to be based at our head office on the northern edge of Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
- Estimator / sales – tendering for new work concerned with geotechnical stabilisation of steep soil/rock slopes and retaining walls, involving drilling, anchoring, netting, sprayed concrete and soil nailing.
- Working as part of a small team, from initial client enquiry through to contract award on a variety of construction and maintenance schemes.
- Maximising sales/turnover whilst minimising company exposure to commercial risk.
- Full time (office based with site visits)
- Processing new enquiries / database management.
- Site visits for tender evaluation, calculating quantities from drawings, building up costs.
- Obtaining supplier / subcontractor quotations.
- Preparation of tender submissions including costs and programme, project values up to ~£4m.
- Client follow up.
Experience and skills required:
- At least 2 years contracting experience within construction estimating.
- Ability to influence and develop winning strategies for tenders.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Previous construction site experience outside of an Estimating role.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Logical thinking and able to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication & organisation skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in excel / word processing skills.
- Driving licence.
Why CAN Geotechnical?:
- Competitive salary.
- Leading specialist Geotechnical contractor in the country.
- Owned by RSK, fifth largest environmental consultancy in the UK generating £175m revenue.
- CAN is Investors in People accredited, encouraging the continued training of all our staff – full training will be provided in all job-specific fields.
- Continued company growth will result in further opportunities.
- Although we are a growing company we pride ourselves on the ‘family-feel’ atmosphere.
- Varied and challenging projects.
- Life Assurance
- Pool car for site visits
Why Choose Us?
We pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. We are committed to staff development and career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking a long term future with us.
Interested in applying for the position?
Please email your CV with a covering to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to speaking with you soon.